Monday 7 October 2013

Catching up


Gosh . . . i have to apologize.. It has been almost 2 months since my last post. Time flies when you're busy.  So what has had me so distracted from the world of blogging?

 I probably have to say wearing  too many hats as of late. There is finalising the details of the Quilt Symposium Manawatu 2015 exhibition categories and conditions of entry. So watch the space to the QSM15 web site as those details will be out soon.

Then there is the customer quilts. I love seeing all the quilts that are made, and of course seeing them quilted. it just seems to complete the quilt and I love quilting.
 My son asked me recently "If i ever get bored working and quilting as a hobby". I had to say "No, I actually enjoy it."

Then there is organizing our Local Town & Country Quilters "Quiltfest" exhibition. I'm almost there with typing up all the labels for the exhibited quilts. It is a wonderful opportunity to see what some of our member's have worked on over the past couple of years.
There will also be the quilts entered in the cot quilt challenge. The entries have already been judged and will be announced on Wednesday night. It will be very exciting to see all the entries and winners.

And last but not least when you're organizing the exhibition for an exhibition it is not a very wise idea a month out to decide to become a merchant. I have been flat out completing quilts and writing & printing patterns. My problem is I need another month as I have a whole pile of scribbled notes and ideas for more creations.

So I'm off to hit the machine and finish quilting a lovely Christmas wall hanging. Look out for it at the Town & Country Quilters Quiltfest show this Saturday at the Horowhenua Events Centre , Victoria street, Levin.

Be sure to check back soon as I will be loading all of my patterns from Rabbits Patch Quilting as well as those of  designer Luchelle of "Play time quilts" on to the blog for purchase.


Happy stitching. P

No comments:

Post a Comment