Wednesday 15 May 2013

Baby quilts

Early last week I decided to make a couple of baby quilts. Yes, they were made and quilted in a day. Very easy row by row style with a touch of applique, whipped up from the never decreasing work room stash.  I popped them on the Long arm (Penelope), and Penelope & I took to them with some lovely co - ordinating varigated thread and a hand guided pantograph quilting design.

I have no reason for these, accept I thought it would be a good idea to decrease the workroom stash and increase the spare bed layers.  . . . Sadly I've lost count of just how many quilts there are laying face down to avoid sun fading. The problem I have is, I have no idea where I will put these multiplying layers should someone come to stay !

Enough of the chatter on to the pretty bit. . . The photos.
I love scrap bindings and used scraps of the blue to add some interest in Baby blue.
Baby Orange - Rabbits Patch Quilting
Baby Blue - Rabbits Patch Quilting

So whats next from Rabits Patch Quilting. . . .
I'm currently quilting a lovely customer quilt in Black & white with applique hearts. 44 blocks in all with different block fillers to create.  I can see feathers, lines & fillers all coming together, combined with a larger feather border design.  So I'm off for a spot of lunch then kick penelope back into gear, She's had along enough break this morning. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment