Monday 27 May 2013

Taking stock

Ok. So I've realized there is never a worse time to re-arrange and organize the workroom than during a family crisis, when you are already cleaning out and dealing with stuff. But  . . . Yep, I had to go and do it. It all started off when I took a quick peek online looking for a small shelf to home all the little rabbit ornaments that were cluttering, I mean decorating the button jar shelf. Well that was my mistake .
. . instead of a small little shelf. I brought a huge unit about 2.4 meters long complete with some lovely glassed shelves and loads of cupboard space to hide, sorry, store my stuff.

The worst part was really yet to come.

Shuffling the heavy Long arm machine (Penelope) was the most difficult. It took me over and hour (Not my brightest idea at 1am - I'm a stubborn person trying to do it on my own instead of waiting for help ) And the only way to move it without taking it off the frame is to roll it to the opposite end at which you want to lift & shift. After only moving around 40 cm in an hour -probably my lowest point. I battled on through the week. It took me 6 days, a sore back a whole lotta mess which was quite an understatement.
 I embarrassingly came to the conclusion, that I don't need any more fabric, quilting arts  embellishments, beads, threads, magazines, scraps or backing fabrics and was almost to the point of apologizing to the significant other for my past purchasing sins. Now I did say almost . . . . as in the end I decided it was probably better for my long term health benefits if I didn't declare my sins - Just in case I still didn't have the right thing to complete my project.

 Now that it is all completed, organized and cleaned (I even polished) I don't want to mess it up !
Maybe later today I will post a photo, but for now, Penelope & I have a quilt to finish. But first I think a cuppa is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment