Monday 6 May 2013

Wonderful week

I had a wonderful few days this week. It started off on Wednesday when I finished my waistcoat for Quilt Symposium Manawatu 2015. Yes that's right . . . I did say 2015. It has reminded me of just how long we have to go -  Just 20 months till Manawatu Symposium in Jan 15. But grand we all were,  The Executive team on stage in our waistcoats (Well those of us who got our finished), at Tote n Gloat held at the Arena on Saturday.
 It still a bit surreal in that 3 years ago I never thought I would have a long arm machine named Penelope and be part of a wonderful team organizing such an important event in NZ Quilting.



So on to Thursday I cut, pieced, pantograph quilted & hand bound a large cot quilt. Thats right all in 1 day.  A new first for me.  I also have to sadly admit this isn't the first project I have made and not had to buy anything. Oh dear.  On closer inspection you can see the lovely hearts & swirls in varigated pink thread. It did look pretty cool on the white background. Scraps of the stripe & white completed the binding.

 Keep an eye out for the next installment in the weeks adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment